The idea of the LSC programme was conceived on the back of an envelope in early 2016 in reaction to a problem faced by a single client. It was expanded upon in an email to the client in April 2016, and we began to develop the model in consultation with several other law firm owners and managers from June of that year. By June 2017 we had early drafts of a Programme Partner Agreement, which formed the basis of our first round of discussions with representatives from a wider selection of the legal and related professions through the LSC programme enrolment round held at the DoubleTree Hilton in Kingston Upon Thames in June 2017. This provided us with invaluable insight and attracted daring trailblazers to join us to help realise the promise of prosperity through partnership.
That was just the beginning!
I must say gaining some £20,000 worth of referral business in the first few months from joining [the LSC programme] was an unexpected and pleasant surprise.
With the help and support of our trailblazing pioneers, now serving on the LSC Programme Steering & Commissioning Board, we’ve had an incredible journey so far, with some of highlights including:-
- Welcoming Thomas Bluett (Bluetts Solicitors) into the LSC Programme;
- Welcoming Duncan Halliday (Fairchild Greig) into the LSC Programme;
- Securing our ‘Alternative Business Structure (ABS)’ status with the SRA in just 60 business-days!
- Securing PII cover for the ABS (at less cost that the aggregated premiums of individual members);
- Welcoming Duncan Halliday and Tom Bluett to join Peter Arnstein (Forman Welch & Bellamys) as members of the LSC Board
- Securing office facilities at 30 St. Mary Axe (formally the Swiss Re building, now affectionately called “the Gherkin”) for corporate affairs
- Securing office facilities at Stockley Park (near London Heathrow) for development of a Shared Services Centre (SSC)
- Securing a license from the SRA to provide Legal Training Contracts;
- Innovating the blueprint for a Graduate Intake and Trainee Solicitor programme for 2018/19; and
- Innovating a new co-operating model of Lexia Law as a UK based global legal services provider.
With the recent announcement of Alain Cohen’s chairmanship of the LSC Programme Steering & Commissioning Board, Coplexia now seeks to meet discerning solicitor practice owners and independent legal professionals through roundtable forums commencing at the Gherkin building in the City of London and expanding nationwide throughout the year. Please express your interest below and Alain will be in touch personally for an initial conversation in the strictest of confidence.